- Strong working knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations with emphasis in construction
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Excel, Word, Outlook
- High degree of professionalism and strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of traffic control safety practices
- Experience in CIVIL construction.
- Experience with EPA regulations related to construction
- Assure company-wide compliance with OSHA, DOT, & EPA regulations.
- Identifies systematic safety patterns and practices and advises management on problem resolution.
- Manage and produce all safety policies/programs/procedures for overall company and site-specific programs.
- Builds trust and respect with field personnel to promote open communication and influence adoption of new safety practices
- Jobsite visits – Evaluate crews in the field to ensure work is completed safely
- Complete company site safety assessments.
- Ensure completion of weekly toolbox talks.
- Schedule / Perform employee training related to safety
- Maintain records for safety training of all employees.
- Investigate all incidents, including employee injury, traffic crash, general liability, and property damage.
- Ensure compliance with CDL requirements and manage drug testing program.
- Develop and implement programs, policies, training and procedures, to control losses and minimize risk in all operations of the company
- Perform periodic jobsite safety audits. Document audit results and communicate back to management. Ensure all deficiencies are corrected
- Perform new hire safety orientation
- Establish and maintain workplace safety records including all OSHA required documentation and logs
- Oversee worker’s compensation claims to ensure proper management of open claims and work with carrier to close claims
- Inspect sites for compliance with EPA erosion controls (SWPPP) and other environmental conditions.
- Maintain JULIE One Call compliance for job sites.
- Investigate and provide reports for all Utility related incidents.
- Provide or schedule employee training for working around Utilities
- Maintain all company vehicle compliance with registration, insurance, DOT requirements
- Investigate and make reports, including Police Reports, for stolen/lost equipment or materials for the company. Follow up with insurance claims.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Safety Management or CSP/CHST
- 5+ years of construction experience
Salary will be commensurate with experience
If interested, please send a resume to Amy Deterding (firstname.lastname@example.org)