In order to apply for this position, you must either have a bachelor’s degree in safety, science, engineering, fire science or insurance or have a minimum of 5-7 years prior experience working in a Loss Control capacity for another Insurance Agency or Insurance Carrier.
Candidate must be comfortable addressing upper level management and presenting training to groups and have the ability to clearly communicate to brokers, management, and employees. Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization, and time management skills are critical.
The Risk Management Consultant will independently consult with Crane’s customers in order to determine their loss control problems/needs and assist in implementation of creative solutions. This includes safety program development and implementation, facility and jobsite inspections, OSHA/DOT compliance assistance and training, and supervisor/employee safety training and education. The Risk Management Consultant will work with insurance company loss control personnel to address recommendations and other loss control service issues, and coordinate loss control services. The Risk Management Consultant will address a variety of exposures and controls related to Worker’s Compensation, General Liability, Products Liability, Fleet, and Property lines of insurance.
This position will report to Don Hennen, Director of Risk Management & Claims.
Job Type: Full-time with some overnight travel requirements. Applicant must have dependable car for local travel with mileage reimbursement.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in safety, science, engineering, or fire science preferred or equivalent work experience.
Required Experience: 5-7 years of Loss Control experience. Proficient at Microsoft Outlook, Word, Calendar, Excel and Marshall & Swift/Boeck software and various other applications is preferred.
Crane Agency offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Learn more about the Crane Agency at www.craneagency.com.
Please contact Margot Gruenewald at 314-444-4800 or MargotG@craneagency.com if you are interested in applying for this position.
At Crane, we understand the needs of our clients because our organization was built by business owners and families just like you. We help our clients prepare for uncertainty by providing the types of insurance products needed to meet your business and personal needs. We also offer a wealth of value added resources including Risk Management, Claims, Bonds, and Employee Benefits Consulting. Crane has over 250 employees who are driven to be the best in our industry. Through innovation & technology, we strive daily to exceed customer expectations with service that is responsive and reliable. We value long term relationships with our clients, our employees and the communities we serve. Founded in 1885, Crane has witnessed the turning of two centuries and continues to thrive today by helping protect what matters most. To find out more about Crane Agency, please visit our website at www.craneagency.com
Safety Coordinator – Kansas City/Springfield
Posted: Apr 10, 2018
Under the direction and supervision of the Safety Director the Safety Coordinator works with and through management, to ensure compliance with safety and environmental procedures and to assist in the achievement of profitability/productivity requirements. A large portion of the duties for this position will be field based covering all territories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assists, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Advises safety director on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Conducts training for employees in work site safety practices.
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and inspects for compliance.
- Assists with post-accident investigations and prepares draft report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for at the direction of the Safety Director.
- Assists in the evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
- Assist with internal reporting and tracking of incidents
- Prefer experience in OSHA, MSHA, DOT, COE and EPA regulatory requirements.
- Excellent Computer, communication and training skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- High School and additional higher level education preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have acceptable current driver’s license
- Prefer safety degree and 1 to 2 years experience or 3-5 years of suitable field experience.
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to travel overnight at least 30-50% of the time.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
If interested, please contact Jeff Stephens at email@example.com or 573-445-833. ext. 2115